HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - reepers or rage
Thread: reepers or rage
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 06:40 PM
steve25
Fork Horn

I was getting pass throughs with the reapers with an old PSE Nova. So using the speed of the bow is less relevant than having head that takes alot less ke or momentum to open and in that the reaper are far better than the rages.

As far as the conditions you posted all are subjective if a bow is tuned right with a good quality fixed head then all those things are irrelevant because heads like the slick tricks and a few others do not plane like lesser quality fixed heads. The vanes or feathers are what stabilizes the arrows. It would have to be a down right terrible shot due to form for your conditions to come into play.

And if you get your form that out of wack when shooting at game then that shot should NEVER be taken, period!!!!! Nothing good can come from it!!!!!!

I have done alot of experimenting on all weather conditions with various degrees of hand torque added in and in only one of test did the expandable out perform the fixed heads I tried but it was only by 1".

That is when I decided through my own testing that there is no benefit in shooting expendables and all they do is cut down on penetration.

Last edited by steve25; 12-19-2010 at 06:45 PM.