HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - buying land with others?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:37 PM
jrfrmn
Typical Buck

Default Buying land

Originally Posted by skillet01
Looking into buying some hunting land with a few other guys. Has any one done this before. IF so what advice you would give? Do you set if up as a business/club with robert rules of order? How many guys is too many or not enough? How much acerage is enough for several guys to hunt. (located in nw pa mostly wooded land with few fields).
I currently own 49 acres in ny state. I could sell it and use the cash to buy my more acres in pa. I think i would rather keep it and buy more with a few other guys. Looking for some advice
One example of a guy i know that is involed in buying land with others has a buy back policy. IF at any time you want out of the deal the club/ business with buy you out with a 6% return on your investment (with 1 year advanced notice).

Equal partnership, NEVER. Buy the property if you can do it and keep complete control with conditions they can use it if they contribute paying and labor to keep it going. Whether you own land or just have access to land you have to have complete control or it will be taken over by someone that decides they don't have to listen to anyone because it is now theirs. I have been through this and believe me it is not worth it. You will lose what you are trying to build and your property too.