HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let your child skip school to hunt?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:32 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
I am not saying you HAVE to skip school in order to learn these skills. You taught yourself, good for you. Me too, and still learning. I'd rather have been taught by my father. And I'm saying that it's the DAD's prerogative to take his kid out of school to hunt if he wants. I do NOT surrender the right, will and future of my children to the state. In Virginia, you cannot hunt on Sundays...could be like that in other states. Maybe this guy doesn't have a place nearby to hunt. Maybe the dad wants to take his kid hunting somewhere where travel time is significant and it would eat up a lot of the hunting day. Who knows? Again, my point is that it's up to the dad.
Nobody said it wasn't up to the dad. Are you imagining it? He asked, I answered.

Are you REALLY going to bring up the bow vs. gun thing here? Really? "
Sure, if your really going to try to bring up Life long lessons from skipping school for the opening day of gun season. Try somewhere else, I have hunted several states on the east coast, and its pretty well the same.

Again, for someone calling my view a “freakin’ stretch,” you’re bringing this to extremes all over the place. You are making correlations that SIMPLY DO NOT EXIST. What you are basically inferring is that a dad who takes his kid out of school to go hunting, skiing, family vacation…WHATEVER…is teaching his kid to be undisciplined, implying that his son won’t go to college, won’t be able to differentiate between what is more important than hunting, and what is not, etc. If you weren’t implying that, then bringing up the earnings and employability of college grads vs non-grads is IRRELEVANT, along with the stories of your friends. You have stated that for both you and your friends, you were obsessed with hunting well beyond the point of reason. You cannot correlate that with a kid missing a couple of days of school to go hunting!!!!
No reason to cry over this man. Its just the internet. Why has this hit a nerve with you?

No one is saying that hunting never has to wait, or that hunting is the most important thing ever. You are imagining that people are saying that.
Just observations. I clearly outline that this is not rule. I clearly state its my observations. Perhaps you should have not missed reading comprehension in school, and you would have read these statements.