HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let your child skip school to hunt?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 08:45 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Not as big as a stretch as your (apparent) comparison that this father taking his kid hunting on a school day is somehow similar to your (over) obsession with hunting. Who in their right mind would agree that there's nothing more important than deer? Tell you what, though, teaching this kid LIFE SKILLS that he will NEVER learn in school is absolutely VITAL. I do not take for granted that we will be able to wander around the grocery stores like zombies forever. If we see those times, one's ability to pick up a gun and do what needs to be done will be of so much more importance than not having missed a couple of days of school.

I am not poo-pooing the importance of education. What I am saying is that the State is conditioning us to become completely dependent on the system, a system that is hopelessly corrupted and controlled by fewer and fewer people every day. And I REFUSE to have my children subjected to it like little slaves.
So are you saying without this skipped days, its impossible to teach a child these life skills? That makes no sense whatsoever. I mean I taught myself.

Can't a child bowhunt? I mean I do 95% or more of my hunting with a bow. Most of East US, gun hunting is nothing more than shooting pressured deer. Sit in a tree, something will run to you. Not sure what life lessons one would learn. In fact, every year I consider skipping the orange army week.

Facts are facts, concerning education, college and employability and how much more a college graduate makes.

I just know from my experience, I had and have friends who I graduated from HS with who lived, breathed and died hunting, and refused the disciplines of sometimes, hunting has to wait. Same folks, well over 20 years later, work like mules and only get one week vacation a year and tell me how lucky I am getting 5 weeks a year and able to hunt so much. Again, not saying its rule, but its rather interesting.