HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let your child skip school to hunt?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
7.62NATO
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Quite a freakin stretch there.

You know for lots of years, hunting has ran my life. the older I get, the more I understand that there are more important things than a deer.

I know a old hunter who came to me with concerns that I spend way too much time hunting, that one day, all my trophies, my mounts, won't mean a thing. And will probably end up in a yard sale for 15 dollars.

If your in your 20's, I understand your response, but I guarantee it will change when you get older.
Not as big as a stretch as your (apparent) comparison that this father taking his kid hunting on a school day is somehow similar to your (over) obsession with hunting. Who in their right mind would agree that there's nothing more important than deer? Tell you what, though, teaching this kid LIFE SKILLS that he will NEVER learn in school is absolutely VITAL. I do not take for granted that we will be able to wander around the grocery stores like zombies forever. If we see those times, one's ability to pick up a gun and do what needs to be done will be of so much more importance than not having missed a couple of days of school.

I am not poo-pooing the importance of education. What I am saying is that the State is conditioning us to become completely dependent on the system, a system that is hopelessly corrupted and controlled by fewer and fewer people every day. And I REFUSE to have my children subjected to it like little slaves.