HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cover Scents
Thread: Cover Scents
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 12:01 PM
crenshaw
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
How do you walk in. Most of the time I have a westerly wind and that is the only way I can get to my spot.
Your lucky to have a constant wind.. Where i hunt its not the case, so i have tons of set ups to counter that problem. As far as walking in goes it depends on the terrain in which you hunt.. Sometimes the most obvious way isnt the best. Also take a look into your set ups, each time of the year requires different set ups. THis is important cause in the early season when the deer arent pressured you can get away with being closer to certian things like food and bedding where when the pressure kicks up those deer are gonna be in there early before light and holding up all day. I have a spot where the only good way to get in is to have a buddy drop my off on this road and i jump a fence and walk in that way, i take the chance of blowing one or two out, but the majority arent in there yet. Also, i have another spot where the later in the season it gets the closer to the two track i sit cause i will blow them all out if enter the woods, which is not a problem in bow season cause there all still out in the fields till just after light. You got to learn what there doing and act accordingly, its easier said then done.