HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spoiled hunt by my own hands.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM
AR Bowhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default Spoiled hunt by my own hands.

I spent the better part of the summer watching this buck an finally eased my way in an hung a camera. I had day time pics of him as the temps started to ease up along with about 10 other bucks in the area. This was a picture from the middle of October.

The scrapes started getting hot in the area around the 1st week of November. on the evening of the 13th of November I decided with a text book setup it was time to hunt him. There was a North wind that was light an the temps had fell about 15 degrees. I set up my camera an climbed up to my lock-on. I had been setting there about 2 hours when I heard some noise over to my right. I could not locate it for about 10 minutes. I finally got a glimpse of his left main beam an knew it was him. He worked his way toward the scrape an turned an went down the hill. I thought it was over he walked out to an old road an turned an started towards the top to stop every few steps an look around. He walked up to the scrape an looked at it an turned an looked down the trail an looked straight at my camera that was about 6 feet off the ground. He walked over an stuck his nose up to with in a foot of my camera at about 15 yards with no offer of a clear shot. He came unglued an down the hill he went about 20 yards an locked up. He turned an looked at the scrape again an walked back up the hill to the scrape an started working it. I drawed an settled the pin an touched the release an sent the arrow on it's way. The arrow looked good until he started his drop. With that little voice yelling in that back corner of my head, you should have listened to your instinct an shot lower. The arrow went about an inch over his back an down the hill that ACC flew. He turned an ran the same direction an stopped about 60 yards out an started walking an still unsure of what just happened. I new he was gone this time for good that evening as darkness approached. This was the trail cam picture just before I shot.

Last edited by AR Bowhunter; 12-10-2010 at 04:46 PM.