HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Blacktail Down
Thread: Blacktail Down
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 06:40 PM
blacktail slayer
Fork Horn

Default Blacktail Down

First I need to start by thanking a ton of family and friends that not only helped with get this buck but made my second season possible at all. My truck has been out of commission for over two weeks now needing a new engine. My wife Marci allowed me to use her car a few times to take out hunting and even dropped me off for a day to later pick me up after dark. Later my friend Mark let me drive his and wife’s spare car to be able to hunt. I would have never hunted this great spot during the late season if it wasn’t for my friend Ryan who called me about a huge 4pt. days a couple of pieces of property down from where I hunt before season even started. I had Tcams out all summer with tons of does and only one pic of a spike. The first week of November only produced two new young bucks. I decided to give up and move my Tcams and set up my treestands on other pieces of property that I knew had two huge 3pts and one 3pt on the verge of being a shooter. I’m glad Ryan told me about the huge 4pt because I ended up have numerous different bucks come by my blind all season. I also need to thank my friends Chuck and John for encouragement to hold out and hunt hard every day and my dad who helped load and hang my buck.

This property was amazing from November 24th until December 2nd. Each day after that I would see less bucks and does. I decided to shot this buck for several reasons. The only other deer left on or coming through the property the day I got him was a doe and spike. He is only the 4th largest buck on this single piece of property and I know of three other big bucks on different properties I can hunt on for next year. One of those other bucks left the property as soon as it started to flood and the other two bucks I never really knew about until the middle of late season. I will have my hands full for next year on trying to determine where and how to hunt for all those bucks.

I finally got to use my Carryall Buddy, Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg Sight, and Spot Hogg Wiseguy Release. They all worked flawlessly and I can not wait to get out next season to use them again after one of those other big blacktails.

I will post pics if I ever can get that huge 4pt on Tcam. I saw him twice chasing does and twice jumped him up from his bed. Maybe next season will be the year.

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...acktailhunter/

Last edited by blacktail slayer; 12-08-2010 at 06:59 PM.