HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Great PA deer season
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
NE OWL
Fork Horn

Default Great PA deer season

Well the archery season was tough but I managed to connect on a decent 8 point(my best to date).

Last Monday while I had my nephew out for the mentored hunt I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen but he was not able to get a shot, Shortly after we saw another one that got past us and his dad killed it when it go to the field back behind us.

It is a decent 8

So I took the nephew out again this Saturday and it was cold but he sucked it up and we only saw 2 deer all morning. The afternoon he went out with his dad and I ended up connecting on a nice fat doe right before dark.

So today the snow is flying and my nephew gets off the bus at 4 gets to the house changes clothes and head to the spot with his dad that I told them to go to. Well wouldn't you know it he sealed the deal and showed us both up with a beauty of a 12 point.

I think the smile says it all

The big guy in velvet on trail cam

Congrats to my 10 year old nephew on a great season and one heck of a buck. I just wish I would have been with you rather than at work.

I will however be mounting him for him so that will be a special one for me to do.