HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To Spend Big Bucks Or Not To Spend Big Bucks
Old 12-07-2010, 05:14 AM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by statjunk
Nice expensive rifle are just that, nicer and more expensive. Personally I like a nicer rifle with more features but it isn't necessary. Hunting is my only hobby. I don't bowl or go to the bar. So if I pay three times the cost of a suitable rifle for a rifle that I will cherish I'd rather do that.

Tom
Same here, I like nice guns, not saying a cheap gun wont do the same thing but i collect guns that hold there value and actually increase in price after time. Savages and Marlins shoot great, I owned a Savage with the Accutrigger, for about a week, I loved the way it shot but not only is it cheap, it looked cheap. I didnt like anything about the bolt or the blind magizine that it had, I sold it to my dad and went and bought a Remington 700 BDL in 338 Win Mag., in my opinion twice the rifle, grant it it doesnt shoot any better, but to me fit and finnish matters just as much as accuracy. Now if i wanted a rifle to throw behind the seat of a truck that i would not worry about getting knocked arround and taken a little abuse, i would consider the Marlin or the Savage. JMO. It just comes down to personal preference.