HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Benelli SBE II vs. Beretta Xtrema
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 PM
ksigtuck
Spike

Originally Posted by DrHouse
I was just in your position with those two guns but I also had the Browning Maxus and the Vinci on my list as well. After a really long rather drawn out process I went with the Vinci. It's ugly, functional, simple and handles better than any other ones I tried.

I originally went out to get the Benelli SBE II then I saw the Maxus hunter but I needed to buy a gun where it wasn't going to kill me if it got dinged up. The Maxus was very very nice looking aesthetically and feels very nice as well, it was a close second.
What do you think about breaking the Vinci down and then putting it back together? I was looking at the Vinci last night at Bass Pro and it was the best fit I have felt for shouldering a shotgun. I asked the salesman to show me how it broke down and he had no problem with that but he could not hardly get it put back together. He finally got it put back together but it took him no less than 30 minutes and he scratched the barrel pretty good in the process. After getting it put back together he decided to try it again and I honestly just left him to it after he was still working on it for a second time for over 15 min. I was back out there this morning and the same salesman was working. I asked him if he ever got it back together and he just laughed and said that he ended up doing it 3 times and it honestly never got any easier for him. Maybe he was doing something wrong but I am not sure if I want to have to fight a gun that hard to get it back into one piece and take the chance of scrathing it as badly as he did. What are your feelings on this? Like I said, it was the best feeling shotgun that I have shouldered to date but not sure if it is worth the fight to put it back together. Hopefully you have some tips that could change my mind on this.
Thanks,
Tuck