HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To Spend Big Bucks Or Not To Spend Big Bucks
Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

You did very good on buying the Marlin .270,I've heard great things about those Rifles and the .270 is a good accurate and hard hitting caliber.As far as spending a lot of money on a Custom Rifle I like the less expensive Rifles that have a good reputation.A few years ago I bought a new Browning A-bolt Hunter in a .243 and its a great gun that is very accurate and it will take down Deer and I have used it for Coyote Hunting also....I got it for a good price at Wal-Mart,then I put a Leupold Rifleman matte black 3X9X40mm scope on it with Millet rings and base!

This year I bought a Savage 111 GCNS Bolt-action 7mm-08 from a nearby Dealer and I also put on another Leupold QDM 3X9X40mm matte scope with the millet rings and bases!Its a great gun that was reasonably priced and its a very accurate gun,I took down a nice big Doe and a 8-Point Buck this past Rifle/Gun Season.So my point is You don't have to spend Thousands of dollars on a Rifle when they are great Out-of the Box Guns that can be had for a reasonable price and they shoot great!The main thing is to practice with your Rifle and find what shells work the best...and another thing to remember is a good scope will help in low-light conditions during the early morning and late evenings!

If You check around and watch for sales You can get a good price on several name-brand Rifles...a Friend of mine bought a very nice Savage Edge .243 Bolt-action Rifle in Camo with the Bushnell scope package for $329.00 + tax,he ended up spending around a total of $359.00 on a nice looking,accurate Rifle.

Last edited by GTOHunter; 12-06-2010 at 05:35 PM.