HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Semi auto Deer Rifle
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 11:05 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
Most of what you claim I'm full of it on, I've actually owned.
So, you have owned a vortex? I see you comment quite a bit on that?

I've actually owned a Leupold VX-I and had plenty of experience with it as well as several other similar priced scopes to compare it to. I've actually owned a second VX-I that was broken when I bought it. I got it fixed from Leupold, compared the glass to the first one and saw it was no better. I sold this one without ever mounting it, but I did experience the glass in it and see it was still not up to par with other scopes in that price range.
Who cares about your little VX1. It was one scope. Move on. You comment on VXIII's and Mark4's and have yet to own any. Simple, rule, if you don't own it, don't comment on it. Simple.

a Leupold Vari-X II which I also felt the same about the glass. However, I never mounted this one either so I can't comment on how it functioned.
Exactly, its a 30 year old technology scope that ran its course. Treat it as such.

Not sure how much more you want me to test it other than testing out the glass in daylight as well as low light. Testing out the tracking, and repeatability on it. Doing a drop test, and seeing how long they hold up in the field. What further testing would you like me to perform?
Because you haven't. Sure read about it, but thats about it.

The Browning BAR, I've not gotten it to shoot any better than 1.5" groups and often times 2" groups with ammo it likes. I've shot it, I've had others that are better shots than me shoot it, and I've tried a ton of ammo along with many suggestions I read online. Only to have it shoot exactly the same for all of us. It's a great deer gun, and is a great quality rifle, however, good accuracy for target shooting it doesn't have.
Nobody said it was a target shooter. But you continue to show how much full of it you are saying, I and others say they all are subMOA shooters. Real simple, quit being a piece of crap liar. Simple

Can you honestly say that the VX-I scope are better than others in that price range? If so what makes them better?
Who cares about VX-I scopes???? They are junk, and I don't own any scope in the 100-150 dollar range.

Maybe you didn't say they all were sub moa, but you did say that all you owned shot better than 1.5" groups. So what kind of groups do you get from yours?
I have yet to see too many guns I couldn't get to shoot well. Maybe when I was a newbie reloader. I have tweeked my COL and get avg. of 1MOA. Minimal effort really.

Not saying they all would be that easy. But you go on here and make statements like "they are all inaccurate". Or 98% of the people you talk too tell you how bad they are.