HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MT elk fee going from $643 to over $900!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 06:22 AM
beech18
Fork Horn

Please re read my post, I said its like comparing apples to oranges between the 2 states. not apples to apples. But why is a elk in NV worth more than in MT. Nevada has some great bulls (Ive drew there tag before so I can personally relate and debate that subject as well), Montana has great hunting as well. Muley brought up a great point, and thats why you will not likely see resident prices go up, Montana ranks 49th per capita. The money lost generated from the outfitter tags has to come from somewhere....
As said prior I voted against 161 and all this non sense. But it passed and this is what we all have to work with.
in my opinion the biggest reason 161 passed, jelous people. People were jelous of the outfitter and jelous of people leasing lands up. Salukipv1, your jelous of the resident hunter paying a lesser dollar. People need to stop being jelous of each other. Life isnt fair. You want the price of a resident hunter, move to a western state. Live, work, and become a resident of another state. Why do you live where you do now? Must have a reason why you live where you do?