HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Semi auto Deer Rifle
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 07:52 PM
sconnyhunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
What's decent groups to you all? The reason I say that is I think everyone just has different standards of what's okay when it comes to accuracy. I've had several people that have shot my gun with the ammo it likes, and say it shoots fine. However, imo those groups are still horrible. To me anything over 1" groups at 100 yards is pretty crappy. 2" is just horrible. Is it fine for deer hunting? Sure, but it's still not good. That's why I point out the BAR's lack of accuracy as I don't want someone thinking he is getting a rifle that will shoot .5" groups when most won't. Most posters I see asking about the BAR's ask how the accuracy is, so it's something they are curious about. I'm curious to know what the groups measured out to for you though? Got any pictures of the targets? I'm also curious to hear what groups you got with a 742?

We're deer hunters so to us, 1.5" is reasonable. The BAR's both held inside that. My 742 was a little outside that. Currently I shoot a 7mm Rem Mag Ruger that consistently shoots 1" and less.

I have never taken photos of any target I have shot at, except the ones I put in the freezer.
As I have never felt the need to prove my accuracy to any one but myself.
Next time I go to the range I'll photograph the target just for you.