HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What has been your progression in bows and bow hunting?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
sixgunluvr
Fork Horn

Default Progression

Back in 86 i killed my first deer with a Browning Deluxe Nomad. Then I killed a couple with a High Country Sniper. High Country and Oneida bows were popular then.... I switched to an Oneida Light Force Magnum and killed several deer, still shooting fingers. A pair of REflex Prowlers were next I killed several more before making some bad shots/misses and decided I would try again to switch to a release. A T-handle was first and i killed a couple deer before finding a mechanical release type that I liked. I settled on the Tru-Fire / Power Strap(Team Real-Tree).
I decided to start searching for something new when the short bows became popular, once I tried the Bear Instinct i haven't found anything i like better. It and Bear's lineup that year fit every preference I had. Split Limbs, infinitely adjustable draw length, no draw stop pegs. Only gripe is the factory doesn't drill and tap a rear stabilizer mounting hole.
Attached Images