HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cabelas dry plus rain gear
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Update... I decided to ignore the email saying they wouldn't honor the lifetime guarantee since the suit was bought in 2004. I wrote a nice letter telling them how disappointed I was in the way the garment fell apart and sent it in figuring I would just get it back. 3 weeks went by and I heard nothing. I was about to start to make some calls to corporate Cabelas and complain and got a gift certificate in the mail for $186 which wasn't what I paid for the suit but was what new current sale price was on the suit. I figure I like them again and will probably get another rain suit from either them or someone else. I will go with goretex and get a better suit and make sure to not machine dry it since I figure that is the reason why the seam tape became delaminated. So alls well that ends well and I will be buying lots of stuff from them again. I just wish they had met my expectations right from the start. By playing games with me they missed out on a couple of fairly big ticket items I purchased from their competitors and one of them was $700.