HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What has been your progression in bows and bow hunting?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
crenshaw
Typical Buck

Started Bowhunting with a cheap browning I got from Sports Authority when i was about 13, only thing i ever shot with that bow was some squirrels and targets. Then i got a Browning Spectrum (still have it, my bowfishing bow now) about 2 years later, i only used that bow for about 3 months before I started helping out at a local Archery Shop, then I was able to get A High Country Rage. I remember it well, still have it too. That bow was the fastest bow out there at the time, I shot my first deer with that bow, and i shot a bunch more with as well. Shot a few nice bucks too. I was about 17 years old then. Shortly there after i Switched to a Mathews MQ32 for something quieter and smoother, shot a few deer with and enjoyed the bow, but i was missing some of that speed i had. I got a Switchback XT by Mathews when i was about 23yrs old and as of Last year i switched to A Mathews/Mcphearson Monster. I guess you could say i progressed with the bows. I love that monster, combo of speed, and quiet, great hunting bow. However i am starting to have this itch to shoot a recurve for fun, maybe do some early season hunts with it, but i got to buy one first.