HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To those of you who like the challenge of hunting the big, big bucks...
Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 AM
crenshaw
Typical Buck

I tend to think that people that dont like people for hunting big bucks are that way for there own reasons, and people that choose to hunt big bucks do it for there own reasons. I live in a state that everytime i bring a mature deer to the butcher people stand around and say i wish those grew on my property, needless to say they do cause i shot it down the street (same state as NATO). The more people let them grow the more they will see them. Thats a plain and simple fact. Another fact is yes typically Mature Bucks are much harder to shoot, granted you can get lucky sometimes. I enjoy the hunt but I enjoy the challenge and I especially enjoy the reward. You can disagree with me passing up countless young buck after young buck but i do it in my quest for a Mature animal. I shot a buck that was 7.5yrs old this year(according to a biolgist), and it was a chess match all the way up to the moment i let my arrow fly, and out of all my scouting and game cameras I never saw that buck until that morning, in fact no one i hunt with ever saw that buck, not even the landowner. I like the challenge and the reward. Not to say that everyone should be that way.. I just really love and appreciate the intelligence of Old Mature whitetail, i have more respect for them then most people, and I always try to educate people on their intellegence. To me shooting a big Mature whitetail is better then any trophy i ever recieved in sports in high school or college. I admire the animals so much and thats what drives my quest.