HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What has been your progression in bows and bow hunting?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:08 AM
burniegoeasily
Dominant Buck

Default What has been your progression in bows and bow hunting?

Thought it would be interesting to hear how everyone has progressed through the years in their bow hunting.

I began many many moons ago with a Person Javelina (recurve). Killed everything from birds to deer with it . I then bought a 1978 Herters recurve which I still hunt with from time to time. I moved on to a Martin Mamba then to my first compound, which was a Black Bear. From the Black Bear, I went with a Person Bush Master then to a Hoyt excel. From the Hoyt Excel , I built me a Hoyt clone (powertec riser that I put redline limbs and a high output cam and idle wheel on). I tired of the compounds and went back to trad bows. Started by making a warph bow out of the black bear riser and recurve limbs I built. Hunted with that bow for a while and started making my own bows I designed. I built all kind of trad bows. Glass lam bows to organic self and lam bows. And for the past 6 years have hunted with nothing but my all organic bows. I do keep the compound around for a go to bow. Had to use it two years ago when I broke my middle finger on my draw hand. It’s nice to have a bow you can pick up at anytime and be driving nails with.