HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you feel the recoil ?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 06:56 AM
steve25
Fork Horn

I hate recoil period!

When shooting at game I never feel or notice it but at the range I hate shooting anything over a .270 and don't care to shoot that very many times.

It isn't that it hurts it just I start to jerk and at times pull the gun up skywerd on the shot which make the acuracy terrible and causes me to have less confidence in my shooting skills do to poor shooting at the range. But like I said in the feild I never have had a problem hitting my target not matter the cal.

What works best for me is to get the feel for the gun and not worry about if the shots are perfectly zeroed in and have my dad or my son do the fine tuning of the scope or iron sights. Then I take the gun and if it is really close as it is usually with in an inch of the bulleye at 100yrds I don't shoot it anymore until I go hunting. And I repeat this every year.

I will flinch with any gun .22 or what ever, if i shoot it very much. I am not a small guy either 6'3" 245lbs. I don't understand why I have this problem at the range other than maybe the fear of missing. In the feild put me a deer out to 250yrds or so with my .270 and it is a done deal. I don't miss where i aim but do that at the range and I will be lucky to hit anywhere on the target at that distance after a few shots.

Guess I am a wuss!!! but at least i know my limitations and what works best for me.