HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - To those of you who like the challenge of hunting the big, big bucks...
Old 12-02-2010, 03:39 AM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GregH
I've killed 18 mature bucks in the last 19 seasons. BTW, what are your credentials?

Thats the point, I dont claim to be an expert on big bucks Im just suggesting that maybe, just maybe, mature bucks make it to maturity cause they didnt happen to get killed as soon as another, I dont think deer are as intelligent as people think definatly not as intelligent as hogs bears or coyotes for example. I think some are just lucky. Every year some kid around here, kills a dandy on public land his 1st year out in the deer woods, now how does that happen? Simple, that deers luck had finally run out, if it was soooooo smart noctural and unkillable, it would never be so dumb to get killed by a novice, but they do all the time.

Congrats on your 18 mature bucks, congrats on living in WI, congrats on obtaining the private land you probably killed them on. congrats on reaching super buckslayer status, congrats on getting the administration to give you "guru" status, I am humbled