HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Taking the Twins out
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
MountainDevil54
Banned

Default Taking the Twins out

Finally got some #11 caps today ' local store ran out'

Taking the CVA Mountain Rifle .54 out with .015 TC Patches, Hornady .530 round balls and 80gr Shockeys Gold 3f. I dont have much shooting time with the rifle but it seems to be a heck of a shooter with 360gr PR Sabots. I mainly want to keep the big bore 54 traditional " yeah i know thats hard with the plastic stock lol" but i really do love the performance of that .530 round ball.

Now her sister on the other hand is a little hussy and takes it all down the bore LOL. Im going out with 80gr 2F American Pioneer and some 385gr buffalo conicals Caygad sent me with during a trade. I went and used some JB Bore Paste wrapped around a cleaning brush and a patch, gave it a good 100 strokes and cleaned it up. Bore looks great now, previously had a ton of lead fouling but its back to better than new after that scrubbing.

My main goal is to get that .54 printing good and on sight, we'll have to see how that goes in the morning. Should also be a pleasure shooting it now that i installed the recoil pad. Feels a lot more comfortable now.