HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger
Old 11-30-2010, 09:21 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MizzouMonster
Something I'd add to this. is the fact that guys shouldn't mess with anything they're not sure about, especially if it could become a safety issue. I can strip and clean all of my guns, but I don't think I'd feel good about modifying the trigger group on them. Personally I'd leave that to the smith.
I agree, if in doubt, find a trusted expert. My gunsmith watched 10 min of it, and he said he became so enraged, he turned it off.

The man has built probably 1000 rifles off the 700 action.

I bought a few remington triggers used and tore em apart. Got tired of paying a smith $45 to do a decent trigger job. I played with everything I could play with, and read everything I could get my hands on to adjusting. Its a great trigger.

And if I sell a gun I have adjusted, I would the buyer know, and probably setup the sear engagement to be up to 5lbs or more. Might even have some creep after I get done adjusting it back.

I can adjust one now that is dangerous. Same can be said of anything. Look at all the kids today, that leans out thier Air/fuel so much, they burn up thier cylinders. Or the home carpenter, that swears he knows electricity and puts in 5 junction boxes on the same circuit.