HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger
Old 11-30-2010, 09:05 AM
MizzouMonster
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
All gunsmiths or amateurs like myself should do this on all trigger work unless its like block like on a Marlin 336 or 1895 action.

Std operation.

I don't mind you posting the warning, I just don't like CNBC trying to destroy one of the last american gun makers.

So far, I have had two friends contact me all paniced because they own remington 700's and just watched this show. And thats crazy, that TV has such sway on someone's life.

I feel like I fight the TV in every front of my life. My wife comes to me one day and demands we throw out all our plastic cups because she heard on Dr. Phil they contain BPH. Or all the sudden, she's in a panic to get our water tested because she watched a show where a family got toxic water.

The freakin boob tube should not run folks life.
Something I'd add to this. is the fact that guys shouldn't mess with anything they're not sure about, especially if it could become a safety issue. I can strip and clean all of my guns, but I don't think I'd feel good about modifying the trigger group on them. Personally I'd leave that to the smith.