HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DANGER - Remington 700 BDL can fire without pulling trigger
Old 11-30-2010, 08:37 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
It is just a warning man. You already know about it, great, but there are always many people that don't keep up with this stuff. CNBC is liberal sure, but 2 dozen deaths and 100 people getting shot is not the norm I would think for an accidental firing. I agree it was also the gun handlers fault for not always pointing the muzzle in a safe direction, loaded or not. If this posts helps someone avoid an accident, that is all it was supposed to do.

Goodness, If you have to bang on a rifle action with a rubber mallet to make sure the trigger is adjusted correctly and doesn't fire how sure can you be it is really safe and for how long?
All gunsmiths or amateurs like myself should do this on all trigger work unless its like block like on a Marlin 336 or 1895 action.

Std operation.

I don't mind you posting the warning, I just don't like CNBC trying to destroy one of the last american gun makers.

So far, I have had two friends contact me all paniced because they own remington 700's and just watched this show. And thats crazy, that TV has such sway on someone's life.

I feel like I fight the TV in every front of my life. My wife comes to me one day and demands we throw out all our plastic cups because she heard on Dr. Phil they contain BPH. Or all the sudden, she's in a panic to get our water tested because she watched a show where a family got toxic water.

The freakin boob tube should not run folks life.