HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 9 "Buck Nuts" Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:34 AM
3stone
Fork Horn

His inside spread was 20 even. He does have some huge mass and great character. I bet his bases are around 9 inches. I've never seen a buck with split G4's on both sides. He did have about 3 inches of his right mainbeam broken off. His neck was covered with dried blood and cuts so he had been kicking some ass this season. He also has a split left browtine and a kicker on his right G2. My best buck yet and it was a great hunt. I had hunted opening morning and taken a doe (required) and passed on a number of smaller bucks. I took a nap mid day and then headed back out to hunt at 1:30 ina different stand. I was at the top of my ladder stand screwing in a few hooks to hang my gear on when I saw him just standing their about 75 yards behind me. His rack was hidden but I knew he was a buck. He turned to walk broadside and I got a look at his rack and my knees immediately started to shake. I put one right through his heart, he ran 50 yards down a ravine and dropped. I shot him at 1:58 in the afternoon, so be sure to sit all day on opening day! Trying to get the official score so I can register him.