HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Gun accuracy 400 to 500 yds.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 07:05 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
look, you're seeing a lot of internal damage, why? think about it, the bullet is completely expanding, your on a fine line bordering bullet failure. its completely coming apart with less than 350 ft'lbs of energy, a recipe for disaster. If a bullet isn't exiting a deer at 400 yards, your not shooting enough weight.40 years behind a rifle has taught me this, shooting alot of deer has taght me this, and shooting somewhere around 50 beyond 400 yards has taught me this. I offer my experience and advice for nothin, do not heed it if you think your more knoledgable than those here with alot of experience, but if you continue you'll learn the hard way.Basicly what your doing is the same as using a 17 HMR for coyotes, kids will still argue that it works well but we know better.good day, and BTW ya just made my iggy listRR
Well said. I feel that we have seen what inexperience and pure godly lucky has done for those NOT in the know. I also feel that with over 35 yrs of High Power rifle work and 19 yrs LEO Sniper work has shown me that when I smell something and see something that looks like I was glad I did not step in it, my BS sensor starts going off!!! I just hope for the animals he encounters in his errorful ways that their death is swift and painless, for I feel many have not, did not and will not be so fortunate in this episode. Done and out.