HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 07:15 PM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Well I got one On The Ground
He's a good meat buck at least,man the morning started of with a bang,I got in my stand after placing Will in his at 7:15at 7:20 2 does made there way by me at 18 yards. I tickled with the idea with trying a shot with the low light conditions as 1st light wasn't for another 1/2 hour. Due to the 1/2 moon and the reflection it was quite doe able. I chose to pass and was hoping a buck was on their tail. No chance,didn't have to wait long as a 5x3 showed up at 7:55 at 23 yards and was an easy shot. Pass again, at 8:02 he stepped out and stopped broadside enticing me to shoot, passed again. He walked passed me and then I noticed the left antler had 3 more points than I thought their was,dang to late. He flared his nostrils and turned his head back my way and smelled the Timber Valley Deer Scent ( 4-play )
It was like he was on a rope and went straight to it and put his nose to the ground as I drew he glanced up at me and saw no movement and he continued to paw the ground. I touched the release and off to the races he was. Man he did the 60 yard dash in record time crashing at the end to a huge crashing sound. I pumped my arm saying to my self good on ya !!. I though I hit him high and let him freeze up hopefully. Will came by and we tracked him quite fast and to both our amazement ,it was like he was waiting for the picture's to commence.
He crashed and slid the last 15 feet and hooked his left antler around the tree and rested against some deadfall like he was posing for pictures. Will said with that great big grin he's noted for there's your buck Rock.End to a great day on stand,he ended up having broken off about 15 inches of off 3 points and the left tip of his main beam from fighting which would have had him scoring close to 143. He ended up with a score of 128 3/8's
Rocky

Last edited by youngfart; 12-05-2010 at 08:26 PM.