HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa bear
Thread: Pa bear
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 02:42 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Chuck, I have read a lot of the other BB's including some that were taken down since.

I'm not defending nor condemning the hunter. I saw enough both ways to conclude that I can't be anything more than skeptical of either position.

As for the PGC and a blind eye, I'm skeptical there too.

What we really know....

The hunter aint talkin

The PGC found no wrongdoing

Leroy admits to feeding this bear for years

Is this enough to condemn the hunter? I'm not ready to do that.

Do we have anything other than a guess as to how the WCO conducted his investigation? No, but I have yet to see one pass on a bust that'd create this much news

Ole Leroy, on the other hand, broke the law. One thats been in force for years and now he cries foul. He is the only ADMITTED lawbreaker here. I just am baffled that everyone is dumping on the hunter.

Lets all ask ourselves an admittedly hypothetical question. We're out hunting in the area near where this bear lives. (not simply behind Leroys place, we've established it wasn't close enough to be considered baiting) A big bear presents a shot. He's big, he's legal and you don't know if it's the "tame" bear or not. Would you pass the shot because it might be him????

Maybe this hunter was a lazy creep taking advantage of a tame bear, maybe not. The "tame" bear managed to elude hunters for 17 years and lets not pretend that he hasnt been targeted before. That'd really be a reach. What was different this time.... who really knows. We werent there.

Way too many unanswered questions exist about the kill, none exist about the illegal feeding. Thats all I'm saying.