HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deleted
Thread: Deleted
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Michlw39
Fork Horn

I think you need to address the hunter directly. Invite him out someplace public for coffee and explain why you feel the way you do.

There are two kinds of idiot hunters: 1) the clueless kind. These folks are generally good people in everyday life but they lack common sense in the woods and thus tend to step on toes. They can be "corrected" sometimes--and sometimes will thank you for it. 2) the jerks. These people know they're being a-holes and really don't care.

Have a direct conversation with this person. You'll find out soon enough if he's a #1 or #2.

Even if someone shows me a public spot I'm sensitive to it being the first choice for the person who showed me--and I surely won't bring others to it. Yet I know a couple of people that fall into the #1 category. They did some stupid things until it was pointed out that what they were doing wasn't cool...then they were like "well, that makes sense. I should have thought about that--sorry, man."

There's always a relationship dynamic with the property owner that's bound to change. I know of a guy who hunted a piece of property for 20 years. Then the property owner's daughter married a hunter and just like that my friend didn't have a place to hunt anymore.

That's life, unfortunately.

The only way to better control your situation (short of buying your own property) is leasing a piece of property for $$ and getting a written contract that specifies everything.

The freebie land is always subject to change without notice.

Last edited by Michlw39; 11-27-2010 at 10:09 AM.