HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Extream Cold Weather Bowhunting Clothing suggestions
Old 11-27-2010, 09:11 AM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Z
With good bottom layers I don't think it's necessary to buy the most expensive stuff for an outer camo layer. Decent stuff like Cabela's brand or others will work just fine over the top. Bib overalls are still your friend, considering the ability to layer plenty underneath and seal out the wind at your waist. Neck gaiter and gauntlet gloves to stop the wind at your neck and cuffs, etc..... I like the North Face but I'd check out Spyder gear if you get the chance (which you might not in Iowa). It's all I wear for winter sports, plus there's a lifetime warranty. Don't underestimate the Wall's
Last night I shined a UV light on my hunting clothing... the new stuff I have is not UV hot but the old Walls brand glowes blue while the other camo is dead.

I see if i can find some spyder around here... BP and $cheels might have it. Thanks for the tip on the outerwear, that will save me some cash!

I plan to still stick with bib overalls... i like how they feel and are easy to move in.

Went out hunting this morning and saw an albino deer! yes, all white deer with pink eyes!