HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pisses me off
Thread: pisses me off
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Michlw39
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by steve25
I think the point I was tring to make was missed by you..... My main point was things happen whether a bad hit or a good one and the deer just refuses to go down and travel a far distance so in a reallity hunting at least X amount of yrds from the property line is not going to solve anything in this case.

And like a said if we where all MASTER HUNTERS like some claim to be ( not saying you just by looking at some of the posts) the deer would just fall over dead with every shot. But we all know that just doesn't happen all the time.

It is pretty bad when a landowner feels the need to group everyone in the same pot.

As I said before if a person will take the time to ask that shows me they respect my property.

I will say owning hunting ground can be a pain at times but that mean I have to be an ass all the time?? NO!!

At the end of the day it's YOUR land and you can do what you want. But what I have a problem with is the reasoning of some landowners that if one thing goes wrong everyone is a bad hunter with no ethics, which isn't the case.

And is also seems the main problem the landowners are complaining about is public hunting ground that boarders theres. Well some don't have the means to buy or lease hunting ground and they have no choice but to hunt public ground. Should they be looked down on just for that simple fact??? I just seems these landowners what the public ground to be private casue they boarder it.

This is just a topic that most are going to have to agree to disagree because there is no completely right or wrong answer with a lot of grey areas.
Granted, stuff happens--I once tracked a gut-shot buck for nearly a mile. But if you're hunting less than a 100 yards from private property and the deer movement dictates a wounded deer will usually bolt toward the private property...you're in iffy territory. Sure, I've had deer drop right there...but I've also had good hits where a deer has run over 100+ yards.

Just saying.