HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Oklahoma Rifle 8 Pointer!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:14 AM
H.L.H
Fork Horn

Default Oklahoma Rifle 8 Pointer!

I woke up late this morning but that wasn't too big of a problem since I only have to walk about 300 yards from my house to my stand. I reached my stand at about 7:00 and it was really nice. It was in the 20's with almost no wind....perfect. I had been in the stand for maybe 30 minutes when I saw a line of does cross the field. They circled around and came in behind me. They then walked to the right of where I was and stood around at about 20 yards away. I had been focusing on them so much that I almost didn't notice a deer standing about 80 yards in front of me in the brush. After watching this deer for a while I heard him grunt and I knew then that it was a buck. The does started to walk away as this buck came jogging towards them......closer to me. I raised my Dad's .243 and tried multiple times to stop him by making noises but he ignored them and walked into some brush to the right of me where the does were. He got about 10 yards away when finally I had a clear shot. I was about to shoot him in the kneck but then he turned broadside. I quickly moved the crosshair to behind his shoulder and fired. He ran about 30 yards then piled up. This is my third buck and the best so far!
Attached Images