HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Extream Cold Weather Bowhunting Clothing suggestions
Old 11-26-2010, 06:32 AM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the info guys. occasionally i do experience -20f conditions in iowa in January late muzzel and bow season.

So as of now I plan on getting some new base layer, and outer shell clothing such as UA.

I have some north-face wind breaking fleece and plan to use those as a mid-layer. North Face is a great brand, very durable and reliable. I think ill look as some mt. hardware as well as this brand seem to be just as good as northface. Ive had my north face for 7 years and wore it very often. Still looks brand new and im very hard on clothing.

I have some artic shield boot covers as well as the glomits and i will say they do help but i have still experienced cold feet while wearing them. My problem is i have very sweaty feet, but i tried the tosty toes chem packs as well as chem packs over my kidneys and that help a lot!

MY biggest area of needed upgrading in in the outer wear department. So this is where I plan to invest the most finances. I think when i upgrade to a better outer wear system everything will improve a little.

Stand hunting -20F conditions and colder really is very difficult task. Staying warm for me has always been the biggest challenge.

So if you have any other suggestions let us know. Thanks again guys!

oh for the record my outer wear is 12 year old very faded Walls coat and Wall insulated bid overalls. Outer wear has come a long way since then LOL

Ill continue to reference this thread when planning cold weather hunts.