HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - tracer nocks fail
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Bradkoz
Fork Horn

Default tracer nocks fail

ive been using tracer nocks since they where big black plastic enclosed backs. ive loved them. sometimes got a couple that didnt light long or dead in pack but seems to be normal for lighted nocks and checking before use avoids any problems.

got a two pack this year and noticed the battery end was wrapped in more stiff and brittle plastic then the rubber used to be. (imo since easton got them theyve been getting cheesy) well both lighted fine so went out to shoot. 1st arrow went through target and hit a 2" thick limb. and the light went out, never had them shut off before on hard hits but heard of it so no big deal. went up and tried to turn on......nothing. pulled arrow and heard rattling.

the battery blew right out the back of the nock. the new yellow plastic maybe to blame it was in about 20 pcs inside my arrow.

so far other nock worked fine on my buck this year but it was a soft hit and the arrow went into soft dirt

emailed easton with no response, cabelas said if i sent them back id get a refund but since i had one working one and nockturnals were out of stock i just ate the money. really hate to do it but ill be making the switch to nockturnal next year or this late season.