HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pisses me off
Thread: pisses me off
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 08:12 AM
MizzouMonster
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sea_bee77
your right it is easy to see who owns private land and who doesnt. pretty said that this is the attitude of most private land owners. we all know were not entitled to anything but you would think most people would have the decentsy to allow another hunter to retrieve his deer. so all private land owners are telling me youve never had a deer youve shot run onto public land.
Your analogy just doesn't work. If you're hunting public land you have no rights once private land comes into play. But, if you're on private property and public land becomes part of the equation, then the private land owner has the same rights on the public land that you do.

Also something that some don't seem to realize, or don't care about, is the simple fact that land owners acquire a bad attitude toward strangers for a reason. If you own land long enough you'll probably fall victim to poachers, thieves or vandals. Having property shot up or stolen, will make a land owner real grumpy after a while. Of course in the minds of some he's just being a jerk.