HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Extream Cold Weather Bowhunting Clothing suggestions
Old 11-24-2010, 05:40 PM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Default Extream Cold Weather Bowhunting Clothing suggestions

Hello,

The forum members here have always provided good advice so here is my question?

My cold weather hunting gear is nearing the end of its useful tree stand life and since there is so much hunting clothing saturating the market I want to ask your opinion as to what I should get?

My hunting conditions while on stand get very cold and windy... I experience -20F below zero in January so I dont want to waist money on a 2nd rate system but dont want to over spend either... I was at a hunting convention and saw some outer wear going for over 1000.00 for the coat!!! way to much...

Gear needs to be wind proof
water proof or very water resistant such as gore-tex
very warm
quite
as far as sent control... i do believe in good sent practice but i dont think im sold on the scent lok or sent blocker... i think it much over priced and mostly marketing hype but thats another debate. LOL those of you who like it im not one to judge

I like to layer when tree stand hunting so if you know of some recommendations shoot them my way.

thanks everyone, and happy thanksgiving and safe hunting

PS i tried the search before i made a new post but didn't find what i was looking for.