HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - pisses me off
Thread: pisses me off
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Terasec
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sea_bee77
wow i am shocked by some of the responses on this. i was just wanting to vent. i respect land owners rights completely that is why i did the right thing and went and asked for permission. i was just dumb founded by his rudeness and his response. not sure if he was having a bad day or what. maybe he has had some bad experiences in the past not sure what his deal was. i know if i had land myself i would want someone to ask me for permission but i would never say no and let an animal go to waste. i would go with them and make sure everything was done correctly. i know now where im going to be for next shotgun season. right out in the crp field at sun up to make sure no deer comes his way. i think it might be a good day to do a little more scouting.
Am not upset with what you did,
You were legal and did the right thing,
Unfortunate you didn't get permission, but I wouldn't blame the landowner, just yourself to blame.
What gets me upset is the replies where people freely advise to trespess.
Permission is earned and should be appreciated, not expected and taken for granted.
As someone mention its entitlement mentality of those that ask expecting to get a reply in their favor, and calling landowners Dbags for not granting permission.
That is their land, they have their reaswons for not granting permission.
They don't need to explain such reasons,

You live and learn, maybe take this into account and ask per permission prior to hunting as part of your scouting.