HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Hunter here, questions about shotguns
Old 11-23-2010, 03:15 PM
bristowboy_20
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
I take it you are not experienced with a shotgun. You have to pump it hard enough to eject the empty case and load a new shell.

The ONLY thing I dont like about the 870 is I have had problems before when I would shoot a shotshell everything would jam up and I couldnt get it to unload because of being locked up.
[/quote]

Been shooting shotguns since I was 10. Im 26 now. Trust me when I say it LOCKED up. I know how to eject a shell.

1. put shells in the magazine through the bottom
2. hold the action release button in
3. pump the forearm, watching to see that the shell goes into the chamber correctly.
4. take the safety off
5. FIRE
6. After you fire, the action release button doesnt have to be pushed to load another shell. HOWEVER I like to hold my finger on it anyways.
7. pump the forearm again. fired shell ejects, new shell goes in chamber.

8. dont accuse someone of not knowing how to use a shotgun.

It is not right when you have to beat the damn butt of the gun on the ground 7 or 8 times to get the action to UNLOCK from its stuck position. THINK OF USING A POST HOLE DIGGER. It took that much force. Happened 3 or 4 times before I stopped using that gun. Dangerous: YES. Never beat a gun on the ground if it still has shells in the magazine tube. Im sure if you were unlucky enough, they could go off and cause serious injury/death.