HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - woods bucks
Thread: woods bucks
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 02:14 PM
nysmoker
Fork Horn

Default woods bucks

I have hunted for many years here in western NY. The area im hunting is a small piece 27 acres and surrounding pieces of small property totaling a hundred acres and probably 13-15 hunters .I shot a decent woods buck for my area roughly 125" buck ...3.5 years old nice heavy body .Nearest grain crops is probably 2 miles from where i killed my buck . I am pretty dang happy .Monday morning coffee brake I am showing some guys the pics and this punk kid walks up and blows us all away with a 150 inch buck killed on his lease property .God bless him .... lucky little snot ..Then proceeds to tell us all how great a hunter he is two nice bucks this year . After he leaves we get to talking and find out he and his father and a few friends lease 1500 acres of prime wood lots... river bottoms ,and farm lands.Total hunting is 5 hunters to /1500 acres.They have 5 food plots totaling 50 acres and another couple hundred acres in corn .2 of the guys are local cops and make a habit of patroling for poachers . Ideal circumstances if i have ever heard for taking big bucks. Im a little jealous and I let it get to me for a few minutes then it dawns on me , I shot a great wild and free range woods buck in a forested area without supplemental feed the protection of large tracts of posted land and limited hunting pressure.I congratulated him again at lunch and when he started in with the ... my bucks bigger than yours .... i smiled and reminded him i was a hunter ... not a deer farmer ... boy that got his goat .