HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 23 HEART STOPPERS! official thread
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Well guys I'm finally able to get back on here! It's been a fun season so far but I really blew it! I passed several young bucks in the 120-130 class waiting for that big one. Well my patience paid off a little over a week ago when a 150+ 10 pointer walked in on me. I have no excuse. I dont generally get buck fever anymore and I didnt this time. It was a 23 yard chip shot. The deer was standing. I wasnt rushed. But somehow, that arrow went way low and a bit left and hit the buck in the leg. I watched with a sick feeling as he ran away dropping the arrow two leaps away. The only good news was that he chased a doe by me the next day so he was not hurt badly.

Well, Saturday, one of our hunters shot a big 10 with a shotgun. He called me and sure enough, it was my buck. He taped out at 151 1/8 and we estimated him at 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 years old. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow!

I do have one patterned back here at home that probably is between 125 and 130. I'll be out in the firearm season with my bow to try to redeem myself.

It aint over by any stretch. My best 3 PA archery bucks over the years were shot either during the gun season or the late bow season

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 11-22-2010 at 06:28 PM.