HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team "10" Most Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 06:43 PM
bigsugar
Spike

Its been really windy and warm here in Kansas the last couple of days. I have been seeing some deer but nothing big. I have a couple of pics of some bucks working some scrapes but nothing all that great. I have been hunting the does here basically and have seen my fair share of them but for the most part the have been in groups with no big daddy in sight. I think the big bucks are lurking mostly at night with this full moon and **** eating wind. I have seen a bunch of new scrapes and rubs so I know they are around but just haven't seen anything to turn an arrow loose at yet.

I did see a nice buck this morning at 615. He walked right under me. He was one a mission to get somewhere and get bedded down. I watched a couple of does bed down this morning at about 930 so I figured the morning was pretty much done. I got down and snuck out. I didn't hunt tonight because I haven't really seen much in the evenings at all. I have three great spots to hunt. Last Sunday I saw several bucks following does and a little bit of chasing then the temps went up and so did the wind and the activity went to hell. I have a three day work week this week so I will be in the stand in my honey hole Thanksgiving morning. The weather is really supposed to cooperate so I figure they've been laid up enough that they will have to get up and move.