HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #2 "I Saw Bigfoot"
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

For the record, lets not bring up my morning hunt! Not too eventful for seeing deer. Just got interupted due to people working on a fricking Sat.

Sorry guys, failed to bring home the bacon. On a good note, it was an awesome hunt with lots of deer constantly running around. I got to the woods around 2:30. Just as I got thru the gate in the backyard to go into the woods, a ton of deer came charging out of the field, thru the woods, went right under my stand and then towards me. There was one decent 8 pointer that I would have shot had I been in my stand. They even came with in 30 yrds of me. Thinking of running down the fence line. Anyway they went back up the fence line the other way. What caused all this? Two dogs on the loose. So I get into my stand and the deer kept coming from all directions. Not all of them by the stand but with in 80 yrds. I saw well over 50 deer tonight. At 3:30 my friends Dad made his way to the ladder stand down creek from me about 100 yds away. Thats when I choose to put on my jacket since I was cool enough not to sweat. I only got one arm in the jacket when about 20 dear came charging out of the woods on the other side of the pipeline and into my woods. That group had a nicer shooter in it. He was an 8 pts with a 20" spread and heavy. He would have been easily high 130s ore than likely into 140s. They came right by me at a good clip going towards the dads stand. A few stayed under me and he and a handful of does stopped at 40yds. The problem was it was too thick to shoot. One of the deer below me was a small six. He ate for about 20 seconds and then another doe ran down the pipeline and away he went taking the entire group. I was pissed. The dogs were all over the woods the entire evening. They had to have ran miles. It makes for seeing a ton of deer but very skittish deer. Needless to say, my big buck wasn't to be. All I can say was it was a very very fun hunt eventhough no shot.

I know a lot of folks wonder if my stories are true because they hunt for hours and are lucky to see even a one deer let alone a few. Below is a pick of the property next door to this land. Check out the fence line in the bottom half of the pic. This is an awesome neighborhood. Every home is a million dollars+ with 40 acres +/- and a common area around 100+ acres. Check out the deer trails in this field. Those are deer trails clearly visable on google earth. I'm hunting down the fence line in the woods to the left. There is also a stand near the fence line on the left.

At this point, I think I'm done for the year. I still may hunt one of 2 more times before my operation. If we were close to win this, I would definitely shoot a buck. If we are still scoreless (I think we are, not sure) I may shoot something just to get on the board.

Good luck guys. I hope you had fun as much as I did.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 11-20-2010 at 08:15 PM.