HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA-08 Upland 12
Thread: PA-08 Upland 12
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Colorado Luckydog
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
well I'll take that 400 yard shot, I'm not participating in the flame, not because I don't think he did it properly, but the same guys flaming him are the guys who flamed me over a 1350 yard shot on a deer, folks who don't understand refuse to listen and learn. yes I think it was either a poor choice for a shot, an exaggeration. however the young man killed an elk and is proud of it, wouldn't you be, I could pick his posts to pieces and show the why's and such of why it couldn't happen that way but why? it worked out, cut the boy some slack. I've took head shots at 600+ yards, use good equipment, use it right and its capable of things you can't believe.RR
Ridgerunner, you of all people should not condone his actions. You know his story is BS. You know what kind of practice and equipment it takes to make a shot like that with any consistancy. Young hunters that have read your post and look up to you, because of your skills, will think it is alright to attempt what this yahoo is claiming he did. If anything you should chastise his actions and explain to him how he should prepare before he tries anything like that again. You have long range capabilities and are a good shooter. I know, I won't change your mind about head shots at 600 yards. I also know, you would never advise anyone to try 600 yard (or even 400 yard) head shots after a week of practicing at 100 yards.

What really bothers me is, how many elk this kid has already wounded. We already know he doesn't tell the truth in his stories.