HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 770 in .243 caliber
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 02:13 PM
chas0218
Spike

Thumbs up Remington 770 in .243 caliber

I recently purchased a Remington model 770 for my fiancee to use during deer season. I picked it up for 299.99 with a lifetime warranty. This was one of those package guns with scope.

Now for the review,
Rifle accuracy:
All I can say is wow. I had my doubts but this thing is deadly accurate. If you look at the attached photo that shows my 60 (right target) and 100 (left target) yard groups. I don't have a picture of the first 3 shots but the were just as tight as the 60 yard group out of the box.

Rifle Action
The action of the rifle does need a little work but most new rifles are tight anyway. The as mentioned before is tight and smooth. after putting 20 rounds through the gun it def seemed to smooth out more.

Quality
Don't have much field time with the rifle yet but seems to be of good quality as guns from Remington usually are.

Pre mounted Scope
The scope included is the Bushnell sportsman. It is not an expensive scope but seems to be of good quality and after 20 rounds through the gun it is still zeroed.

All in all I would rate this gun 5 out of 5 because of value, accuracy, and quality. Don't anyone be fooled this is not a show gun and was not intended to be used as one.
Attached Images