HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opinion: Did I connect, Y/N?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 05:04 AM
7.62NATO
Nontypical Buck

Got up at 4:15 today, drove out to the farm to shoot the gun at first light in order to verify POI. I sat at about the same range as the deer was last night. Bulls-eye with the right handed shot, and about an inch low with the left-handed shot. Of course I am doubting myself now but I remember seeing the shot. The crosshairs were on his heart, low and behind his shoulder, when the hammer fell. I went back to the scene of the crime, sat on the ground where I took the shot, visualized where the buck was and where he ran. Searched for about an hour and a half and nothing. No blood anywhere.

If i hit him, I cannot understand why there's no blood. The buck I got last Friday had blood everywhere. On the other hand, I cannot see how I missed. I heard him run off, then stop, then sneak on. No crashing sound.

I am taking my sister hunting tomorrow (her second time...first time we didn't see anything) and we have to be done by 1. We'll hunt until about 11 and then start looking for a couple hours after that. Hopefully we'll bag something at first light so we can have plenty of time to look.

I really hope that somehow I missed, because it is supposed to get up to 56 today.