HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are u better??
Thread: Are u better??
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:59 PM
eureka77
Fork Horn

This is probably a touchy subject but I'm gonna put my .02 cents in. I've drank a few so bear with me. I don't think that makes someone a better hunter by no means. They just have a better area to hunt. Now if they put the work in like food plots, access routes, and making good bedding areas etc. and someone doesn't do nothing to improve their areas than all that work trhough the off season isn't for nothing and I could see them saying their better as a hunter in that aspect and respect that. For the record I don't put any work in the off season doing food plots and all that, Although I'm gonna this year since I have time. Now that would be a scenario in the same region.
Different regions is a different story. Midwest and up north bucks are huge compared to southwestern deer and southern deer in terms of rack size and body size.
Another thing is public land big bucks are hard to hunt compared to ya pay 5,000$ to hunt 3 days in a high fence enclosure. The person that pays is probably guarenteed atleast a 130'' buck, but the public land guy gets a 100''. I'd say the person that got the public land buck is more in tune with deer behavoir and hunting cause he had to pick his own stand, travel routes, and put up with high hunter pressure unlike the fella that just goes and sits in a stand someone else put in the wwork to find. [But that's what he's paying for].
I'm rambling now, not to sure where my train of thought is but....Sometimes it's also just being at the right spot at the right time.
Good luck everybody!