HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have You ever done anything plain Stupid while Hunting with your MLer?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 AM
pluckit
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
I have to ask, I dont have a hawkin, but do have a Dixie Gun Works 50cal with a set trigger. That sucker is a Hair Trigger when it's set and if you just breath on it, it go's off so I kinda know where your comming from and have also had Deer hear the set. But, on mine even though you dont set the set trigger and pull the trigger it will still go off, is yours like that also? But yea I used to set the set trigger so no Deer would hear it, another one is any Saftey on any Gun, they all make noise but I have found a way on all of them to take the saftey off wothout it making any noise. Glad you did'nt hurt yourself, Im sure you were embarrassed!
I have a Friend who during Shotgun Season forgot if he had his saftey on so he pulled the trigger, what a DUMMY! he blew a hole right through his treestand!
(BP)
Yes,on my Hawkins the first trigger will fire the gun without pulling the set trigger.I have the set trigger adjustment screw taken out so the set trigger sets the fire trigger at an incredibly light pull.All you have to do is rest your finger on the trigger and THINK about pulling it and the gun will fire.Did you know that the set trigger was originally developed for target practice?

Last edited by pluckit; 11-16-2010 at 06:09 AM.