HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Hunters
Thread: PA Hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 05:46 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
So you hunt areas with good habitat, lots of deer and low hunting pressure because it is easy to kill unpressured deer, but you wouldn't be willing to hunt deer if there was a lot of hunting pressure.I'd say you just admitted you are benefiting from the PGC's mismanagement of our herd and hunters as I have pointed out on several occasions.

Now if you were really interested in improving the habitat in 2G you would be killing deer in areas with poor habitat and poor regeneration since there are lots of areas with poor regeneration even with low deer densities. But,I guess that would require more effort than you are willing to put forth.

I never have and never would hunt an area that had more hunters than deer.That would make no sense.Anyone that would do so has no reason to complain.Furthermore,no hunter in this state is forced to hunt under those condition.If you do,it's becasue like you admitted,you choose too.Well,I don't feel bad for you.

I also never claimed to hunt in good habitat with few hunters.I hunt areas that have habitat that's either just starting to recover or areas that have food and cover.That doesn't mean good habitat.In fact,many of the areas have horrible habitat.There may be laurel for cover and a temprary mast crop but there's usually no browse,which deer need.These areas are often good for a short period of time and then there's no deer.That doesn't happen because they all get shot.It happens because once the food source is gone,there's no reason for the deer to be there.I have no guilt shooting as many deer as I can in poor habitat or habitat that's just starting to recover.I do it multiple times every year.So far,this year,I've killed 5 different deer in 4 different areas.I put forth the effort and it pays off,even in a WMU where so many people claim there's no deer.